Which Type of Dermal Filler?
Individuals who are facing the natural process of ageing now have more options than ever when it comes to diminishing the appearance of unwanted wrinkles and creases. The most popular of the dermal fillers currently on the market are Juvederm Ultra and Restylane. Although these products share some of the same benefits, they do have some differences.
The Winner - Juvederm Ultra
We use the newest, most advanced non-animal based form of hyaluronic acid dermal filler on the market today - Juvederm Ultra.
It is the only dermal filler currently available with the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid and a special formulation process (cross-linking) that creates a smooth gel that flows easily into the skin, creating smooth, natural looks.
Benefits of Juvederm Ultra
- It is a smooth, injectable gel that flows easily and consistently into the skin i.e. less trauma to injection site(s) resulting in less bruising/swelling.
- It is the most advanced hyaluronic acid formula available today.
- It provides the optimum – natural look & feel with only one treatment.
- It is scientifically proven to be safe and effective.
- It safely corrects deeper wrinkles, folds, lost volume & contour.
- It is the first type of filler approved for persons of colour & all skin tones.
Juvederm Ultra vs Restylane
1. Juvederm Ultra injectable gel is “next generation” smooth consistency gel dermal fillers, while all others (e.g. Restylane/Perlane) are granular. Their smooth consistency enable them to flow into the skin "easily and smoothly” – making them the most comfortable injectables available - consequently less pain and bruising.
2. The aforementioned properties ensure smoother skin and more natural looking results.
3. Having the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid coupled with the high degree of molecular cross-linking enables Juvederm Ultra to deliver longer lasting results.
1. Juvederm Ultra typically takes a maximum of 24 hours for recovery and Restylane can take anywhere from two to three days for swelling to go down.
2. Results for Juvederm Ultra are reported to appear instantly and the results for Restylane won’t be as evident until about a week after the procedure.
3. The results typically last from nine months to one year with Juvederm Ultra, while results for Restylane can last for six months or more.