Key benefits of Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic
- Dr Bong is a true artist in the field of non-surgical cosmetic treatments
- Fully qualified medical doctor with an outstanding reputation
- We only use the very best brands on the market for the most impressive results
What is Dermaroller?
Significantly improve the appearance of:
- Acne scars
- Aged and sun damaged skin
- Large pores
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
Dermaroller treatment is revolutionary and works by increasing the production of collagen to create a smoother, brighter, younger-looking complexion. The beauty of Dermaroller is that it is suitable to all skin types, including Asian and Oriental, and can be used on the face, neck, décolleté and other parts of the body requiring treatment with minimal downtime. Treatment significantly improves the appearance of acne scars, aged and sun damaged skin, facial lines and wrinkles, and stretch marks - but at a fraction of the cost of alternative treatments, such as laser skin therapy.
- • Suitable for all skin types (including Asian and Oriental skin type)
- • Does not cause skin damage (no ablation/removal of the epidermis)
- • Does not induce skin sensitivity to UV light
- • No risk of permanent skin discolouration
- • Can be used on thin skin formerly treated with chemical peels and laser
- • Can be used on the face, neck, décolleté and any other parts of the body requiring treatment
- • Cost effective treatment alternative
- • Short or no down time
1. This treatment is revolutionary. It does the same job that lasers and other ablative methods by increasing the production of collagen with minimal damage to the protective layer of the skin, creating smoother, brighter, healthier, younger-looking skin.
2. This treatment is effective, but at a fraction of the cost.
3. It is safe. You will experience little or no pain and downtime. A topical anaesthetic will be applied, this "numbing" effect along with the quality of the device will make the procedure a pleasant experience.
4. Enhances penetration of skincare products up to 40 times more compared to normal application of cream on the surface of your skin.
How it works - the procedure
The Genuine Dermaroller Therapy produces thousands of micro-medical needle-columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin. The columns will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly - often in the same day. An anaesthetic cream is applied to numb the skin making the procedure comfortable; it will normally take up to 30 minutes for the topical anaesthetic to work and 20 - 30 minutes for the Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy procedure. Once the Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ procedure has finished and the skin has been cleansed and soothed the treated area will look just like the sunburn we mentioned earlier and will feel warm and tight.
After the procedure
After a Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ procedure your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. This takes time as new collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced. It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement.
Dr Bong may recommend that your Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ consists of a series of three Genuine Dermaroller™ procedures with approximately 6 weeks between them.
In the treatment of acne scars and other types of scarring it may be necessary for your practitioner to extend your Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™, carrying out up to five procedures.
Before / After
Before / After
Before / After
How long does dermaroller treatment take?
It takes up to 30 minutes for the topical anaesthetic to work and 20 - 30 minutes for the Genuine Dermaroller Therapy procedure.
Does Genuine Dermaroller Therapy hurt?
No, the topical anaesthetic helps make the procedure a pleasant experience. Immediately after treatment you will look as though you have moderate sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will start to subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day with only slight redness the following day.
How quickly will I see the results?
After a Genuine Dermaroller Therapy procedure your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. This takes time as new collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and the blood supply is enhanced. It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement.
How many treatments will I need?
Dr Bong may recommend that your Genuine Dermaroller Therapy consists of a series of 3 procedures 6 weeks apart. The treatment of scars and acne scarring may require up to 5 procedures.
What area of the body can I have Dermaroller done?
All skin areas of your body.
How often can I get Dermaroller?
Genuine Dermaroller Therapy can be performed repeatedly. Depending on your skin condition, and to achieve maximum possible results, we recommend an initial treatment cycle of 2 to 3 treatments. As the new collagen formation needs time to mature, we propose an interval of 6 weeks before the next treatment is commenced. As your skin continues to age an annual refresher treatment should be considered.
What to do next?
Contact us and book an appointment for your consultation and skin analysis. We guarantee safe and effective treatments.