Key benefits of Essence Medical Cosmetic Clinic
- Essence Medical is one of the UK's regional referral clinics for the correction of unwanted dermal fillers
- Essence Medical is one of Scotland's most established clinics with an outstanding international reputation
- Our cosmetic doctor is an advanced national and international trainer for advanced dermal filler techniques.
- Dr Kieren Bong is very well known for his exceptional skills and expertise
- Dr Bong is routinely asked to speak at national and international conferences for his expert opinion on addressing complications associated with unwanted dermal fillers by doctors and surgeons
Dermal filler removal
- Reverse overfilled lips & cheeks
- Correct lumps & bumps
- Remove under-eye filler
- Dissolve unwanted dermal fillers
- Free initial consultation
Dermal filler removal at Essence Medical in Glasgow is an advanced procedure where a specially-formulated enzyme is used to selectively and precisely dissolve undesirable fillers. If you have had dermal fillers placed incorrectly, excessively or unevenly, then please visit us for a free consultation with Dr Kieren Bong. Essence Medical is Scotland’s regional referral centre for the reversal and correction of unwanted dermal fillers and one of most established clinics around. Dr Bong’s expert opinion on addressing the complications associated with unwanted dermal fillers is sought by doctors and surgeons across the country – so you’re in trusted hands.
What are the main reasons for reversal/correction of dermal fillers?
1) Overdone lips and cheeks - Practitioners who are inexperienced commonly create overdone lips and cheeks. Lips or cheeks that are uneven or asymmetrical can be terribly upsetting and correction can be a key step towards looking – and feeling - normal again.
2) Lumps and bumps - Lumps are possible after any filler injection but they are not always a problem. Most lumps will go away with aggressive massage and even when they don’t go away completely, they are not usually visible. Lumps are most commonly seen in the lips, around the mouth, and under the eyes, and sometimes dissolving the filler is the only way to make a troublesome lump go away.
3) Under-eye filler correction - Placing dermal fillers under the eyes is a very specialised treatment that should only be performed with the utmost care and precision by a skilled and experienced practitioner. This, unlike more commonly undertaken procedures such as laughter line fillers, is a harder and more delicate procedure. Under eye fillers or eye bag fillers can take a long time to dissolve and therefore rubbing the area alone may not be sufficient. If you feel that you have lumps under your eyes, or excessive bagginess caused by fillers or if you feel that your eye fillers have shifted, then we can correct them and dissolve them effectively.
Dermal fillers FAQ
What is dermal fillers reversal/correction?
This is an advanced procedure in which a specially formulated enzyme is used to selectively and precisely dissolve undesirable fillers. The dermal fillers may have been placed incorrectly, excessively or unevenly.
What are the main reasons for reversal/correction of dermal fillers?
1. Overdone lips and cheeks. Practitioners who are inexperienced commonly create overdone lips and cheeks. Lips or cheeks which are uneven/asymmetrical are commonly seen too. Reversal/correction of dermal fillers can be a key step towards looking normal again
2. Lumps and bumps. Lumps are possible after any filler injection, but they are not always a problem. Most lumps will go away with aggressive massage, and even when they don't go away completely, they are usually not visible. Lumps are most commonly seen in the lips, around the mouth, and under the eyes, and sometimes dissolving the filler is the only way to make a troublesome lump go away.
3. Under-eye filler correction. Under eye fillers is a very specialised treatment that should be performed with the utmost care and precision. This, unlike more commonly undertaken procedures such as nasolabial (laughter line) fillers, is a harder and more delicate procedure. Under eye fillers or eye bag fillers as they are also known can take a long time to dissolve and therefore rubbing the area alone may not be sufficient. If you feel that you have lumps under your eyes, or excessive bagginess caused by fillers or if you feel that your eye fillers have shifted, then we can correct them and dissolve them effectively.
What does the treatment involve?
Following injection into the treated area, the enzyme acts within minutes to dissolve unwanted fillers and restore the original facial contours. The desired level of correction/reversal can usually be achieved by carefully monitoring the dose of the enzyme, with larger doses resulting in complete elimination of the filler from the injected site. Enzyme injections are best delayed for several days after the original dermal filler treatment in order to allow for subsidence of any short term treatment-related swelling.
What types of dermal fillers can you dissolve?
We can dissolve any brand of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) typed dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Teosyal, Belotero, Perlane, and etc.
Am I a candidate for reversal/correction of dermal fillers?
It depends on which dermal filler you had injected. Filler reversal is only effective for HA fillers, so it will not work on Radiesse, Artefill, or Silicone. If you are not happy with those types of dermal fillers, the only option is to wait until they dissolve naturally (Radiesse), or to have them surgically removed (Artefill and Silicone). If you are not sure which filler you have had, filler reversal is always worth a try before resorting to the cost and downtime associated with surgical removal.
How do I prepare for dermal filler correction treatment?
Do nothing differently, just go about your day to day activities as normal. Your skin will be cleaned at the time of the procedure so try not to use any products or cosmetics..
What areas of the face can fillers be dissolved?
Nasolabial lines (laughter lines)
Perioral lines (smokers lines around the mouth)
Glabellar (frown) lines
Any other creases or lines on the face
What are the side effects?
There are very few reported side effects with hyaluronidase, slight bruising being the most common (as with any injections). This is usually minimal and can be covered effectively with make up. Localised allergic reactions to the enzyme can occur. This enzyme is not recommended for patients with a history of allergy to bee venom.
How much does reversal/correction of dermal fillers cost?
This procedure can cost anywhere from £300 for a small lump or two, to £500 for an extensive problem like overfilled cheeks and lips.
How many filler dissolving treatment sessions will I require?
You may not need more than one treatment. Depending on the extent of the filler and the volume of excess filler that we are trying to dissolve, you may need another treatment between 3 and 5 days later. This will incur further cost.
Call us now on 0141 894 9098 or 0800 680 9098, or email us to find out how we can help address your concerns and arrange your free of charge, no obligation consultation.